December 2014 Newsletter
We have today released version 5.1-1.09 as we had a number of items ready for release that users have been asking for.
- New Graphing structure from [Graphing] button on the Node-Status panel. It now works in a similar way to the Quick-Reports Module, but for a single node. In both, large-size graphs can be produced by clicking on any smaller version.
- Additional "Flat" icon-set, created in style reminiscent of recent smartphone OS releases.
- Revised SNMP Host-MIB Adapters for Storage (Memory/Disks) to work round the problem where some Windows systems respond very slowly leading to the loss of other Host data, such as Processes.
- Revised Interface-Status polling to reduce SNMP requests. Addresses the problem where some older Cisco switches were reporting errors if a large number of interfaces were being polled.
- New Interface-Traffic Adapter to better cope with switches and routers with a mix of 32- and 64-bit counters.
- New IP Service/Agent for monitoring a custom SNMP OID. Additionally, graphs are produced if the OID type is Integer, Gauge, or Counter.
- New Agent for Papouch Temperature sensor.
- Updated the Excel PDU Agent to work with new firmware.
- Multiple emails sent for OK events.
- Removed a number of potential deadlocks.
- Patch to fix potential "ShellShock" bash vulnerability (this was previously released as a stand-alone patch. It is not to address an additional vulnerability).
- Improved overall database-access speed.
Please visit the customer area to download.
Website Update and new Customer area
If you have been by the website recently you may have noticed we have given the site a refresh and added a new customer area. We have also integrated a new customer helpdesk and ticketing system to improve our already efficient customer service experience.
Customers can now see frequently answered questions and helpful pictograms as well as submit a support ticket from the new portal here.
We now have new hardware appliances based on a traditional 1U rack-mount chassis and the new Intel Next Unit of Computing, these are both Mutiny branded appliances. Customers can purchase these units and restore their current running configuration for a seamless upgrade. The new appliances can be purchased online with a purchase order.
Updated FAQs and Pictograms
New Windows PowerShell scheduler
We have released a new PowerShell scheduler that will significantly simplify the use of custom remote agents. Installed on a Windows server this will allow you to use very simple PowerShell scripts to obtain values from a Windows server and send result data and graphing data back to the Mutiny system to enhance the monitoring of Windows servers.
We have also released a number of agents to run within this sceduler these include.
- Exchange Queue monitor with graphing
- Generic service "running" agent
- Large drive/network drive monitor
The aim is to provide this as a free agent and provide validated scripts from a Mutiny "Script Store". If you would like to test these agents please look at the PowerShell page on the website.
System health check
We are always happy to host a GoToMeeting and have a look at your system with you to assist with a problem, help you understand a particular procedure or simply cast our eye over your setup and answer questions. If you would like a health check simply email firstname.lastname@example.org