Still producing your management reports manually - Automating reporting for your business
Modern infrastructure is getting more and more complex â€“ which has a significant impact on network reporting. Layers of legacy systems, virtualised servers and new physically connected and Wifi enabled technology mean that understanding the status of each individual device, and ensuring that everything is working as it should be, is becoming increasingly difficult.
From the IT teamâ€™s perspective, this means that while they understand the complexity, they are simply unable to extract the information and network reports demanded by senior management as speedily as they would like. Whatâ€™s worse, that senior management team is unlikely to understand or care about the laborious process involved in building those reports.
Network reporting, in short, can be an arduous challenge involving excessive man hours. If you have hardware on multiple sites, as most large organisations do, the challenge is exacerbated even further.
The answer: automation
The only answer is a comprehensive automated system, which handles both ongoing monitoring and network report generation. Such a solution simultaneously provides the visibility needed to truly understand what is happening across the network, and takes reporting pain away from the IT team, allowing them to quickly schedule and produce comprehensive reports from across their network.
The advantages of automating your reporting:
- Less human intervention: Because reports on network status and performance are generated automatically, the IT team does not need to spend time extracting and compiling information each time the senior management team requests a report. As such, the IT team can spend more time on business as usual activities, and strategic development of the IT infrastructure.
- Accuracy: Automation of network visibility and reporting dramatically reduces the probability of human error. Cleaner, clearer information drives better business decisions.
- Speed: An automated network reporting system can produce reports far faster than a manual process. In turn, this drives greater business efficiency.
- Self Service: Given the correct access, senior management can pull their own reports directly from the network, without the need to engage the IT team.
- Calculation: Automatically calculate the SLA based on working hours and timeframe.
Initial setup of an automated network reporting system can be time-consuming. However, the resulting automation saves huge amounts of time on each occasion that a report is required. The more frequently your business demands network reports, the more quickly your automation system will â€˜payâ€™ for itself in time saved.
If you would like to see a live demonstration of the Mutiny monitoring product or discuss the options available, please get in touch.