Migrate your Virtual Appliance to CentOS
In order to upgrade to Mutiny version 6, your Mutiny virtual appliance will need to have its core OS upgraded to our new CentOS release. New modules like IPAM are only available on the CentOS appliance.
If you have a physical appliance use THIS PAGE instead.
The easiest way to do this is to deploy a new CentOS virtual appliance and move your configuration to it.
The process is very straight forward and involves the following steps;
- Upgrade your Fedora appliance to the last Fedora release FC4mutinyBundle-5.1.12-4307.tgz.gpg
- Take a snapshot and download the backup to your PC.
- Deploy the CentOS ova https://www.mutiny.com/support/downloads/mutiny-5.1.12-4307.ova
- Use the console to put the new appliance on the network with a temporary address.
- Shutdown your old virtual appliance.
- Web onto the new blank Mutiny appliance with firstname.lastname@example.org and "password"
- Upload your backup to your new appliance.
- Restore your backup (Please allow adequate time for this to complete wait at least 15 minutes before any reboot)
- Upgrade to the latest release
- Apply for a replacement licence, your existing licence will run for a further 7 days.
- The last but one step is to perform a reset polling on the mutiny node with option “recalculate thresholds” as this will take into account the changes in the core OS.
- Finally, turn back on weekly backups.
Appliance build and setup
Image download page
Licence request form
Appliance upgrade offer
Got a Question?